Sunday 21 September 2014

Comedy of Errors, Shakespeare's Globe ****

Matt Doherty, Matthew Needham (Antipholus of Ephesus), Andy Apollo (Gaoler/Officer), Harry Katsari in 
The Comedy of Errors 
I have always known through word of mouth that Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors was more error than comedy so I was anxious going into Blanche McIntyre's production. I was wrong to be anxious. The atmosphere at the globe was electric perhaps only equalled by Henry IV in 2010 as the actors fell about the stage in a comedic fashion. The farce , in a see how they run fashion, starts with a Dromio trying to get a pair of pants hanging from the roof. This sets the tone for the play. It is a rip roaring, rollicking production with almost everyone, bar Lucianna, giving an above good performance. I would like to see how te good people of Keswick can offer when I go and see this play up there in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment